CHEMICAL NAME: Benzoyl Peroxide
EMPIRICAL FORMULA: C14H10O4
MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 242.2
CAS NUMBER: 94-36-0
In Pharmaceuticals (Used topically in treatment of acne), Cosmetics, Bleaching of Flours.
Store in a non-metallic container, at a temperature between 2° and 8° C, protected from light.
1. Description: A White, moist, granular or fine powder, having characteristic odour
2. Solubility: Insoluble in water, slightly soluble in alcohol, soluble in acetone, benzene, chloroform and ether.
3. Assay: Min. 75.0%
4. Water: Max. 25.0%
5. Related substances: Complies as per B.P.
6. Chlorides: Complies as per B.P.
7. Acidity: Complies as per B.P.