We offer Di Methyl Formamide (D.M.F.) which is a colorless liquid miscible in water and used widely in the production of acrylic fibers and plastics. It is also used as a solvent in peptide coupling for pharmaceuticals, in the development and production of pesticides, and in the manufacture of adhesives, synthetic leathers, fibers and films.
· CAS number : [68-12-2
· Molecular formula :C3H7NO
· Molar mass : 73.09 g/mol
· Appearance :Clear liquid
· Density :0.944 g/cm3, liquid
· Melting point :-61 °C (212 K)
· Boiling point :153 °C (426 K)
· Solubility in water Miscible
· Refractive index (nD): 1.4305 (20 °C), ¿r =
· 36.71 (25°C)
· Viscosity :0.92 cP at 20 °C
1. DMF is widely used in the production and processing of polymers, Spinning solvent for polyacrylonitrile fiber and polyurethane fiber (spandex) and processing solvent for production of polyurethane artificial and synthetic leather.
2. DMF is used for the separation and refining of acetylene from crude olefin gas.
3. DMF is used in extracting butadiene from the C4 distillate obtained by naptha cracking, etc. and in separating isoprene from C5 distillate.
4. Used as a solvent for recovery of H2S or SO2 or elimination of HCl, Cl, HBr etc. in hydrocarbons.
5. DMF is also used in extracting solvent of aromatic hydrocarbons in petroleum refining.
6. Gases like acetylene that are difficult to liquefy and handle safely can be stored and transported easily by dissolving them in DMF with a porous carrier solid (Ex. Calcium Silicate).
7. DMF is widely used as a solvent for reaction. Generally acetylation, chlorination, sulfonation and various condensation and polymerization reactions are among those where DMF is used as a solvent.
8. It is an excellent solvent for sulfonamide, vitamins, nitrofuran, quinoline, adrenaline, amine chlorides, etc. It is widely used in the production of pharmaceuticals as a reaction solvent, extracting solvent and crystallizing bath.
9. DMF easily dissolves basic dye pigments nitroso pigments, phthalocyanine pigments, azo pigments and acid dye metal salts. It is also used as a solvent of colouring agent or an infiltrating ink for various films, wood, leather, resins etc.
10. DMF alone or as mixed with methylene chloride, is used as a remover of varnish or lacquers.